- Regular Papers: We received 1,364 paper submissions in total, and accepted 406 papers (221 full papers and 176 short papers) including 6 panels and Senior Scholars panel.
- Paper-a-thon: We received 72 submissions and 46 are accepted.
- Doctoral consortium: 40 papers are accepted and confirmed.
- We have 42 ancillary meetings for SIGs, Chapters and special topics.
- Fruitful meetings of junior faculty consortium, mid-career workshop, and doctoral students corner will be held.
- We prepare a series of gorgeous hospitality events including the banquet at Han River side.
The Doctoral Consortium of the International Conference on Information Systems will begin on Wednesday afternoon at 4:00pm, December 6, 2016, with a welcome event, and will end with a late evening farewell reception on Friday, December 8. The Consortium will be held at the Hoam Faculty House in Seoul National University. Accepted student participants are invited to stay for three nights: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. The consortium is designed as an intensive personal development experience, and features a variety of events, including small sessions with experienced faculty mentors, panels, networking opportunities, skits, and a keynote address.
This year at ICIS we are continuing the “Doctoral Student Corner” program that was launched a few years ago. The Doctoral Student Corner is a dedicated space that is available throughout the conference for doctoral students to network and relax between events (usually with snacks!), and also includes events to orient students to ICIS and to connect them with others in the field. Please see our website for the schedule of events and more information.
We encourage doctoral students of all levels to register for this free ancillary event when registering for ICIS 2017. Also, please help us to spread the word to all doctoral students who will be attending!
I hope to see everyone in Seoul!
The first ICIS Doctoral Consortium was held in 1980 in Philadelphia. Over the following years, more than 1000 people have participated as students and mentors. This year we are holding the first Reunion of doctoral students. So, if you are at ICIS in Seoul, and have participated in any prior ICIS DC, come and join the celebration!